Pub night… in your living room! Get the beer, the nachos, the cauliflower wings and
Fried mac’n no-cheese bites with adobo chipotle mayo
Pub night… in your living room! Get the beer, the nachos, the cauliflower wings and make a batch of deep fried mac’n no-cheese. Promise, they will probably steal the show, even during the hockey finals!
Fried mac’n no-cheese bites with adobo chipotle mayoCourse: AppetizerCuisine: PubDifficulty: Medium
2 cups of macaroni
1 1/2 cup of prepared Faux-mage jaune sauce refrigerated
1 cup of blond or brown beer
1 cup of flour
1/2 tsp of chipotle powder
1 tsp of paprika
Salt and pepper
Oil for frying
- Adobo chipotle mayo
1 cup of vegan mayo
The sauce of a 186ml can of chipotle chilies in adobo sauce (only the sauce!)
1 tbsp of maple syrup
1 dash of liquid smoke
- Mix the ingredients of the mayo and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cook the macaroni al dente (no rinsing!) Cool completely on a plaque lined with parchment paper.
- Mix the sauce and the pasta and pour in a recangular mold lined with plastic wrap. Freeze for 15min.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour, the beer, the chipotle, the paprika, the salt and pepper.
- Place the panko in another bowl.
- Cut the macaroni plaque in 4cm bites. Place the plaque back in the freezer for 45min.
- Heat the oil until a drop of batter cooks instantly in the pot, or use a deep fryer.
- Dip the mac’n no-cheese bites in the flour batter and roll thoroughly in the panko, fry immediately until the bites are very golden and crispy.
- Place the bites on a cooling grid or a paper towel. Rest for a few minutes before serving.